Applications for enrolment into Kindergarten at St Joseph’s School are available from the School Administration Office or from the school website. Initial applications for each school year are collated at the end of Term 1. Enrolment enquiries for all other classes are upon application followed by an interview.
The Bishop’s Commission for Catholic Schools enrolment Policy may be found on the Catholic Schools Office, Armidale website.
Upon application the following documentation is required:
- Proof of Student’s Address
(e.g. Original copy of Council rates notice, residential lease, electricity accounts, statutory declaration, etc.)
- Birth Certificate or identity documents
- Copies of any family law or other relevant court orders
(if applicable) (e.g. students in the care of the Minister or other family member)
- Immunisation history statement
- Baptismal certificate & other Sacramental documents
- Reports from pervious schools
If your child is not a permanent resident you will need to provide:
- Passport or travel documents
- Current Visa & previous Visas
If your child is a temporary visa holder you will need to provide:
- Authority to enrol
issued by Temporary Visa Holders Program Unit. This is required for visitor and temporary visa holders.
- Authority to enrol or evidence of permission to transfer
issued by the International Student Centre
- Evidence of the Visa the student has applied for
(if the student holds a bridging visa)
Enrolment interviews for Kindergarten are conducted by the Principal and the Student Support Teacher during Term 2 each year.
All applications for enrolment are considered and placements of children into Kindergarten classes for the following year are determined.
Within two weeks of the enrolment interview parents are notified as to whether their application has been successful.