St Joseph’s was established by the Sisters of St Joseph in 1919. The school at one time catered for secondary school students. St Joseph’s has shown steady growth in enrolments over recent years. In 2009 the school and parish celebrated 90 years of Catholic Education at St. Joseph’s School. Our celebrations for the school and parish saw many visitors who had started their school years in Kindergarten at St. Joseph’s. This event was widely featured in the local media.
Late in the 2011 year we moved into our new school administration building as well as the new Library and general learning areas.The Building our Economic Revolution Initiative provided our school with the opportunity to have modern facilities with the latest in technology. We look forward to this new phase in the history of our school in providing Catholic education to families withing the Tamworth region.
St Joseph’s has most recently celebrated its centenary with a special thanksgiving Mass officiated by Bishop Kennedy in conjunction with Fr Anthony, Fr Ross O’Brien, Fr Paul McCabe and other visiting clergy. Many of the Sisters of St Joseph were in attendance, some of whom had been past pupils of the school. Without the work of the Josephite sisters one hundred years ago, our school may not exist today.